Monday, March 31, 2014

Pokemon SoulSilver - Heading to Azalea Town

While using the Pokewalker, I got 2 Onix (Rock/Ground, Male, Lv. 10), as well as a Yellow Shard, Hyper Potion, and Sitrus Berry.

I headed west to Route 36, and I talked to a couple people on the path. One told me that an odd tree was blocking the way to Ecruteak City, and the other gave me HM06 (Rock Smash). I checked out the odd tree the one traveler mentioned, and I realized it was a Sudowoodo, a Rock-Type Pokemon that bears resemblance to a tree. I figured that Blake could probably make it move with Water Gun, but I decided to just head south toward Azalea Town like I had planned.

When I went through the south path, I came across the Ruins of Alph. There were many stone buildings covered with overgrowth and surrounded by breakable stones. I taught Rock Smash to Samuel in place of Taunt, and then smashed a rock to reach a Hyper Potion, and to my surprise I also got a Dome Fossil from the rock. I smashed another few rocks and found a Rare Candy behind one.

I went to the Ruins Research Center, built in a corner of the ruins, and I found out that the archaeologists have been studying the ruins for a decade now. The scientists there told me that the ruins are about 1,500 years old, and that the walls have odd patterns drawn on them. What they still didn't know is who built the ruins, and why, but they suspected that the odd patterns must be a clue to the purpose of the ruins.

I explored the ruins more, and found myself in a chamber of one of the buildings. I talked to a woman there, who told me they were reconstructing ancient stone panels of Pokemon artwork. I decided to try my hand at putting one back together. I found it to be easy enough, and the result was ancient artwork of Kabuto, a Water/Rock-type fossil Pokemon. When I put the last piece into place, a trap door opened beneath my feet, and Blake and I both fell down below!

When I landed in a chamber, I found myself greeted by a scientist who had been reading glyphs nearby. He asked if I came in from above, and realized I had solved the stone-panel puzzle. He was pleased, and realized I have some talent with archaeology. He handed me an Unown Report, which records Unown as I capture them. Little did he know that I owned ALL types of Unown in Sinnoh.

The scientist left, and I found myself alone with Blake. We started our way out of there, and encountered a wild Unown. I ran, not interested in grabbing more of them, and I found a ladder which lead me to the upper chamber of a stone building, and I ran back outside. I decided I had done enough there, and I went east after I grabbed a hidden Great Ball.

I found myself going south to reach Azalea Town, and I came across a man who stopped me, asking me what the hurry was. He looked at my Pokemon, and realized how strong they were, that my training around Violet City and the Violet Gym must have been very useful. He gave me a souvenir of Violet City, a Miracle Seed, and I let Seth hold it before continuing south.

While heading south, I caught an Ekans (Poison, Male, Lv. 4) and then I came across a Trainer. He sent out Rattata, and I sent out Blake. Rattata used Quick Attack for minor damage, then Blake countered with Scratch for great damage. Blake Scratched it again and knocked it out, and I kept him in the fight when Zubat was sent out. Blake hit it with Scratch for great damage, and it missed with Supersonic, then Blake Scratched again to knock it out and won the battle.

I went through more tall grass and caught a Hoppip (Grass/Flying, Female, Lv. 6) and beat a Rattata, which made Blake grow to Level 12. While I was going around trying to find more new Pokemon, the egg hatched, and it revealed itself to be a Togepi! Professor Elm called immediately after, and I told him that the egg had hatched. He was excited, and told me he knew that giving me the egg was the right thing to do. He asked me to come back there and show him what kind of Pokemon it was, and I promised to do so as soon as I reached Azalea Town.

I gave Togepi an Exp. Share to hold, and fought a wild Pokemon to bring it up to Level 2. I caught a Mareep (Electric, Female, Lv. 6) while training, and through several battles Samuel grew to Level 12, Seth grew to Level 10, and Togepi grew to Level 6. I came across a Trainer who was on the phone, and I interrupted because I wanted a battle. She sent out Nidoran, and I sent out Blake. Blake used Scratch for good damage, and Nidoran used Tail Whip. Blake used Water Gun for great damage, and Nidoran countered with Growl to lower Blake's attack. Blake Scratched it again for good damage, and was hit by Growl to lower his attack further. Blake Scratched it once more and knocked it out, and won the battle.

We exchanged phone numbers, then I continued on my way. I went further south and found myself against another Trainer, who went down easily against Blake. I fought against another Trainer nearby, a Fisherman, and both his Poliwag went down easily against Elekid. I fought another Fisherman and beat him easily too, then a third Fisherman went down against Elekid, who grew to Level 13. I exchanged numbers with the Fisherman, and then I came across TM09 (Bullet Seed) and a Great Ball nearby. I taught Bullet Seed to Seth, and continued on my way.

I fought and defeated another Trainer, and Seth grew to Level 11 and learned Wrap. I checked on Elekid, and he was holding something, but it seemed too important to him to let go. I came across a Pokemon Center and healed my team, and talking to a couple people I received an Old Rod and a couple Lure Balls. I went further south, fought against a Trainer, and Togepi grew to Level 8.

I went back to heal my team, and then when I went further south, I found myself in front of the entrance to Union Cave. I realized I would have to fight my way through to get to Azalea Town, and I knew it would be a hard fight. If I was going to continue my journey through the Johto Region, I needed to overcome the challenge ahead of me!

Current Team:

Seth (Bellsprout, Grass/Poison, Lv. 11)
Samuel (Chimchar, Fire, Lv. 12)
Togepi (Normal, Male, Lv. 8)
Blake (Totodile, Water, Lv. 12)
Lucas (Pidgey, Normal/Flying, Lv. 13)
Elekid (Electric, Male, Lv. 13)

No comments:

Post a Comment