Monday, November 16, 2015

Pokemon Y - Frost Cavern

I headed north onto the path leading to Frost Cavern, and I quickly got into a battle with a Hiker. The battle ended quickly, and Brody grew to Level 50. I continued along the path, and found a Trainer with a Mamoswine, who was reacting to something going on at Frost Cavern.

The Trainer asked if I was on my way to Frost Cavern, and he told me that the Mamoswine usually love giving rides on Route 17, but that lately it's been too worried about something in the Frost Caverns to give rides. Trevor had come up from the town, and told me that Mamoswine is a Pokemon that loves cold climates. The Trainer warned us to be careful in Frost Cavern, and I continued along.

I continued along the path, and battled against an Artist, though his Smeagle didn't last more than one turn before I was victorious. I went on ahead, but found a photo spot which I took advantage of, and I got a nice photo of myself in front of the mountains.

I went into the cavern, and quickly got into a battle with an Ace Trainer wandering around by the entrance. Cadence got knocked out in a single blow by the Ace Trainer's Doublade, but I sent Gabriel out against it, and revived Cadence. A short time later I emerged victorious, and Cadence grew to Level 50 before I continued through the cavern.

I continued along, sliding across some ice, and got into another battle. Through the battle, Logan grew to Level 51, and I went up some stairs nearby. I found some ice and slid around for a bit, before I got into a battle with a Hiker. Through the battle both Jack and Gabriel grew to Level 51, and then I continued along.

I snagged a nearby Ice Heal, then I slid along and encountered another Trainer. By the end of the battle Axel, Cadence, AND Brody all grew to Level 51. I continued along, and battled another Trainer, and afterwords healed my team. I slid around once more along some ice, and then went down some stairs

I quickly got into another battle, and by the end of it Logan grew to Level 52. I talked to a nearby Ace Trainer, and she was kind enough to heal my team before I moved on. I snagged a nearby Hyper Potion and accidentally slid down to the entrance area, and I was forced to make my way back to where I was. Along the way I got into a Double Battle, and through it Gabriel was knocked out.

I revived Gabriel and healed my team, and continued along to reach that area once more. I went up the stairs near the Hiker and then continued along more stairs. Soon I found a trio of Team Flare grunts in the cave.

Trevor came up from behind, and we found the Team Flare grunts standing before an Abomasnow, the leader talking about how their treatment of it was causing it's ability to bring snow to the area. They wished to capture it, but I wasn't about to let that happen.

Trevor and I ran up to the trio to confront them, and Trevor asked what they were doing. The leader told us that they stole those Poke' Balls to catch powerful Pokemon like the Abomasnow, telling us that it was filled with potential energy. Their blue-haired leader said that whomever has the most Pokemon and the most energy would come out on top, and that lazy people didn't get to have these resources.

Trevor asked why Team Flare was amassing Pokemon, energy, and money, and she stated that it was so that Team Flare, ONLY Team Flare, could survive. They talked about only saving themselves, and I found myself wondering what they thought they'd be surviving?

We both went into battle with the Flare Grunts, though it was only a short battle where Gabriel, Axel, Jack, and Brody all grew to Level 52. After I was done dealing with the Flare Grunt, I stepped forward to battle with the leader of their little trio.

The blue-haired girl, Marble, sent out Houndoom while I sent out Cadence against it. Cadence attacked with Dazzling Gleam for great damage, then it countered with Embargo to prevent item usage. Cadence struck with Moonblast next for great damage, before Houndoom countered with Fire Fang for good damage. Cadence attacked once more with Dazzling Gleam and knocked Houndoom out, growing to Level 52 as the battle was ended.

When they were defeated, the trio left. Trevor asked if battling against Team Flare scared me, but they weren't the worst of the groups I had fought thus far. Trevor told me he was scared, and doesn't like battling them, but he was glad that we managed to protect Abomasnow. Trevor was glad he was able to be bold when he needed to be, and that we had managed to help the Pokemon in the area.

I received an Abomasite from the Abomasnow, and I started heading out, getting into one more battle before I could leave. I headed back to town after the Ace Trainer healed my team once more, and I decided to call it a night.

Current Team:

Cadence (Floette, Fairy, Lv. 52)
Axel (Pikachu, Electric, Lv. 52)
Gabriel (Talonflame, Fire/Flying, Lv. 52)
Brody (Diggersby, Normal/Ground, Lv. 52)
Jack (Greninja, Water/Dark, Lv. 52)
Logan (Venusaur, Grass/Poison, Lv. 52)

No comments:

Post a Comment